‘Cenozoic Life’ to open 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival
简介The Seoul Independent Film Festival, the country’s one and only independent film festival with a com ...
The Seoul Independent Film Festival, the country’s one and only independent film festival with a competition showcase, has chosen director Im Jeong-hwan’s “The Cenozoic Life” for this year’s edition as its opening film.
“The Cenozoic Life” follows Kim Min-joo, played by Kim Sae-byuk, who goes to Lithuania to find her missing husband. She stays with Oh-young, her college friend who emigrated to the country long ago, but she gets kicked out upon Oh-young's disputes with the strange Korean husband she lives with. Min-joo then meets two suspicious men who claim to be detectives belonging to an international detective organization.
The film is Im’s second full-length feature, following “The King of the Border” that won an award at the 43rd SIFF in 2017.
The 49th SIFF, which kicks off Nov. 30 for a nine-day run, will be held at CGV Apgujeong in Seoul.
Details on the festival such as invited foreign guests, screening program, list of independent films for its archive exhibition and other events are to be unveiled on Nov. 8, the organizer said.
The Seoul Metropolitan Government on Sunday announced it would launch autonomous overnight buses for ...
Terrestrial broadcaster SBS on Monday confirmed that V of K-pop sensation BTS and actor Yoo Seung-ho ...
DAEJEON -- Prosecutors on Tuesday demanded a 30-year prison term for the leader of a controversial r ...
- [Today’s K
- Man arrested for stabbing restaurant owner in Paju
- Priciest elite private high school costs over W30m a year
- Democratic Party banners targeting young voters stir controversy
- Rival parties call for measures after China halts urea exports
- Korea, UK to adopt Downing Street Accord to elevate ties: presidential office
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- Opposition head pleads for support in ‘fight against Yoon dictatorship’
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- Seoul shares close lower amid woes over Fed's drawn
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- BTS' Jungkook to drop new single '3D'
- Yoon says fake news threatens freedom, elections at AI Safety Summit
- From artisan to 'foreign laborer:' a French craftsman's take on Korea's construction scene
- Bedbug reports cause jitters across S. Korea
- Tving’s ‘High School Mystery Club’ to return with season 3
- "I am..." meme latest to go viral in bizarre saga surrounding fencing star
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- [New in Korean] Even in city overrun by mold, humans dream of stars, sunsets
- [New in Korean] Millionaire dog sponsors human artist in Yun Ko
- Japan returns favor again by flying 15 Korean nationals out of Israel
- [From the Scene] Samsung bets big on package substrates for future chips
- LG CNS, NYC, AmCham Korea forge partnerships on digital transformation
- Hyundai, Kia report robust EV US sales, shrug off impact of IRA
- S. Korea to set up task force to put rising prices under control
- Bedbug fear spreads across Seoul
- Volvo expands presence in Korean market
- RCO to come to Seoul with maestro Fabio Luisi and pianist Yefim Bronfman
- Seoul shares up for 3rd session on Fed's rate freeze
- 5 S. Koreans from Gaza arrived in Egypt via Rafah border: ministry
- 尹대통령 지지율 1%p 오른 34%…국민의힘 34% 민주당 33% [갤럽]
- Arrest warrant issued for ex