[Herald Review] Up
简介How many times in life do we get the chance to see our favorite stars stand a meter in front of us, ...
How many times in life do we get the chance to see our favorite stars stand a meter in front of us, looking straight into our eyes as they perform?
The Korea Herald got to experience girl group aespa's first virtual reality concert firsthand, which was a rare and unforgettable moment.
The event kicked off in Seoul on Wednesday as part of the launch of SM Entertainment's VR concert brand, Lynkpop, introduced by SM's subsidiary, Studio Realive (formerly Studio Kwangya), and AmazeVR, the global front-runner in the VR concert business.
The virtual show was launched offline at Coex's Megabox in southern Seoul. Tickets for the first week have already sold out, according to AmazeVR, with tickets quickly running out for the rest of the shows, which are set to take place through Nov. 21.
The first surprise is the Meta Quest 3 headset -- released only around two weeks ago -- which is the viewing platform that sets the stage for the live music show. The AmazeVR engineers clearly put a lot of hours into creating this project.
All hints of the real world are quickly pushed aside as a star-studded night sky opens up right in front of the viewer's eyes, and any skepticism about the quality of the technology soon fades at the sight of the cosmos. Indeed, the view is so realistic that the viewers feel as though they are floating in space.
The show kicked off after around five minutes used in connection, and aespa's Karina, Winter, NingNing and Giselle appeared on a stage that felt like it was mere meters away. Donned in glamorous pink outfits, the girl group performed "Black Mamba."
The background graphics were not as breathtaking as the performance, although they were almost indistinguishable from the girl group's past music videos, which centered around the metaverse.
By Jeffrey D. SachsAs governments gather in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates for this year’s climat ...
South Korea and other negotiating members of the United States-led Indo-Pacific Economic Framework ( ...
Joining the rush for half-priced king crabs, the price of imported snow crabs has also plunged as US ...
- Buddhists, political leaders bid farewell to late Ven. Jaseung
- Yoon, Japan's Kishida agree to cooperate in hydrogen sector
- Seoul shares end nearly flat amid signs of cooling US inflation
- Woman faces prosecution after demanding marriage from V
- 폰에 '파이팅' 문자 있는 여성 끌려갔다…北, 청년에 이런 단속
- Everland grounds panda Fubao for trying to escape
Justice and finance at the climate summit
Samyang post record sales on China's Singles Day
Team carries out Korea's first successful uterus transplant
Biden, Xi's 'blunt' talks yield deals on military, fentanyl
Yoon replaces 6 ministers ahead of his 3rd year, general election
KB approves of Yang Jong
- SK hynix starts supply of world’s fastest mobile DRAM for China's Vivo
- 9·19 합의 취약점 '대북 감시' 공백, 미국 위성으로 메운다
- 홍익표, 조국 총선 출마설에 “조만간 뵙고 말씀 들을 것”
- Rising star pianists of three Asian countries join force for peace concert
- [Our Museums] Seek hidden tales of Korean masks at Hahoe Mask Museum
- Red Velvet returns with conceptual, dramatized studio album
- Fifty Fifty’s Keena to attend 2023 BBMAs
- Bithumb to push for IPO in 2025
- Bithumb to push for IPO in 2025
- Ruling party urges Yoon to veto opposition
- ‘Concrete Utopia’ clinches best picture at Daejong Film Awards
- [Herald Interview] Korean team wins James Dyson Award with ‘hands
- Korean chip giant chiefs to travel to Netherlands with president
- Bill pushed to let South Korea list Hamas as foreign terrorist before UN
- Top diplomats of S. Korea, US, Japan hold talks on margins of APEC summit
- [KH explains] Chinese battery makers gobbling up Korean rivals’ European market share
- US set to deploy B
- Russian delegation arrives in Pyongyang for trade, science talks: KCNA
- UN committee adopts resolution on N. Korean human rights for 19th straight year
- Posco International to build modular factory in Ukraine
- Ive, aespa, NewJeans, StayC and Kiss of Life join star
- Stray Kids to perform at 2023 Billboard Music Awards
- S. Korea, US, Japan reaffirm cooperation
- Han Sung Motor commits to give back to society
- N. Korea tests newly developed solid
- Finance minister calls for reenactment of corporate restructuring act
- Food trade agency launches global low
- Production teams called out for carelessness
- FNC's new boy group Ampers&One debuts with energetic, youthful single
- UNC members renew commitment against any NK armed attack