Taemin of SHINee returns solo with 4th EP ‘Guilty’
简介Taemin of SHINee returned to the music scene with a solo album for the first time in two years and f ...
Taemin of SHINee returned to the music scene with a solo album for the first time in two years and five months on Monday.
His fourth mini album, “Guilty,” is led by the title track “Guilty,” and carries five other tracks including “The Rizzness,” “She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not,” “Not Over You,” “Night Away” and “Blue.”
“I tried to portray my identity in this album by accentuating my musical characteristics in the songs. I also tried to show an enhanced version of myself as an artist. Different from my previous conceptual singles, this album comprises more casual and easy to listen to songs that are of the pop genre,” introduced Taemin his new album during a press conference in Seoul on Monday.
The title track, “Guilty,” is composed of string instruments and dynamic synth sounds that create an addictive hook.
“This single is about a selfish love that forces one’s way of loving others without considering their feelings,” said Taemin.
Taemin focused on making the choreography of the title track appealing, and of the kind that arouses curiosity from the public.
“The highlight of this performance is when I put my hand under my shirt and grab my neck. This choreography was made with the renowned choreographer Casper. Lee Bada, another choreographer currently starring in the second season of the Mnet’s dancing competition show, Street Woman Fighter, also took part in making parts of the choreography,” explained Taemin.
He already filmed a dance challenge video of the title track with Seventeen's Hoshi who is renowned for outstanding dancing skills.
"After shooting the challenge video, Hoshi and I talked about how we would love to work together on music. We talked about featuring each other's songs. It would be amazing if such collaboration really happens," said Taemin.
The artist also put a lot of effort into the music video of the titular track as he wanted to make it cinematic.
“I wanted the music video to tell a story. In it, I am a young boy who lives under control in a shelter. The supervisors in that shelter forced me to hurt my friends. This makes me revolt and become the alpha man,” said Taemin.
This marks the 15th debut anniversary for Taemin who debuted as a member of the legendary K-pop boy group SHINee.
Yet, he still has something new to present to the public.
“I love my job and that is what motivates me to make something new and better. It is definitely a challenge but the process is pleasing and gives me a sense of accomplishment. I am grateful for the fact that I am still loved after 15 years of being in this industry. Being able to continue singing is valuable,” said Taemin.
Taemin is also scheduled to hold a solo concert, “Metamorph,” on Dec. 16-17 for the first time in nearly five years.
“You can look forward to performances and stage effects never before seen elsewhere. It will be an innovative concert,” hinted Taemin.
South Korea and Canada have signed a memorandum of understanding on climate change cooperation as a ...
Starting next year, South Korea's immediate tax refund limit at tax refund stores for tourists ...
Hyundai Motor is sticking to its mission to lead the growth of the electric vehicle sector in Indone ...
LS Cable develops world’s fastest data transfer cable
[Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
First lady explains S. Korea's dog meat ban plan to Queen Camilla
[Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
Rural development expert nominated as agriculture minister
- Seoul proposes safety measures to prevent poor construction
- LX International to acquire 60% stake in Indonesian nickel mine
- Pianist Sohn Min
- AmCham hosts AI forum for SMEs
- 블링컨 美국무장관 한국 도착…9일 한미 외교장관 회담
- Spending on overseas tourism rises by most in 13 years
- Samsung SDI, Volvo Trucks vow to enhance battery partnership
- 인요한 "이준석에 통크게 제안…돌아와 총선 중책 맡아달라"
- S. Korea retracts bans on disposable cups at cafes, restaurants
- [Today’s K
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- Seoul subway on verge of strike
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- 163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
- Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars