‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
简介Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Award ...
Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Awards.
Hosted by actor Cha In-pyo and comedian Jang Do-yeon, the award ceremony, also known as the Grand Bell Awards, was held at Gyeonggi Arts Center in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, on a smaller scale than in previous years.
“Concrete Utopia” won the most coveted best picture award and five other awards, with Lee Byung-hun snatching the best actor award for his role in it. Actor Lee Sun-young won the best supporting actress award. "Concrete Utopia" is Korea's entry for next year's Oscars.
The best actress award went to Kim Seo-hyung of “Greenhouse,” which tells the story of a nurse and caregiver, Moon-jung, who lives in a greenhouse. It delves into the character's downfall as she tries to cover up the accidental death of an old couple in her care.
It was Kim’s fifth win at the Daejong Film Awards.
The best director award went to director Ryoo Seung-wan of “Smugglers,” which attracted 5.1 million moviegoers this summer, surpassing its breakeven point at 4 million admissions.
North Korea said Sunday a clash and even war with South Korea was only a “matter of time,” about a d ...
Netflix's monster horror franchise "Sweet Home" is back with new characters and more sophistica ...
지난 9월 러시아에서 정상회담을 개최한 블라디미르 푸틴 러시아 대통령(왼쪽)과 김정은 북한 국무위원장(오른쪽). AP=연합뉴스북한의 대러 무기 수출 창구로 지목된 북·러 접경 나진 ...
- US deploys fighter jets in S. Korea for air exercise in Singapore
- Festivals to illuminate Seoul’s winter nights
- [Hello Indonesia] Digital innovation for financial inclusivity
- ASEAN filmmakers' works to be screened in Busan
- [KH Explains] Why foreign investors continue to be net buyers despite short selling ban
- [Herald Review] '12.12: The Day' avoids usual pitfalls of historical films
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- US eases export controls on chip equipment for Samsung, SK factories in China
- N.SSign to resume album promotion without Doha
- Shinhan to bet big on insurance tech startup
- 김건희 여사, 광주디자인비엔날레 찾아 “문화예술계 육성 의지”
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- Uncertainties remain for Samsung, SK after US eases export controls
- Seoul shares open lower on tech, battery slump
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- [Today’s K
- [KH Explains] Shipbuilders scramble to secure labor force amid booming industry
- BTS' Jungkook headed to Paris as MTV EMA nominee, performer
- S. Korea, Latin America to discuss ways to boost trade, ICT cooperation
- 유승민 “안철수·이준석, 초상집서 상주끼리 그만 싸워라”
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- S.Korea's largest
- [Herald Interview] Director Lee Chung
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- US strategic bomber B
- SK Chemicals partners with Estee Lauder for eco
- “이게 KF
- Is Blackpink leaving YG?
- New fad uncovers old school transcripts for dose of nostalgia
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment