SPC Chairman's office searched over alleged unjust labor practices
简介Prosecutors conducted a search and seizure of SPC Group Chairman Hur Young-in’s office over allegati ...
Prosecutors conducted a search and seizure of SPC Group Chairman Hur Young-in’s office over allegations that he coerced workers who are part of the group's affiliate company, PB Partners, to withdraw from its labor union, as well as for discriminatory practices, according to officials Monday.
On Monday morning, officials from the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office searched offices belonging to Hur and three other executives as well as the company’s servers at SPC Group’s headquarters in Seocho-gu, southern Seoul. The police previously conducted a search and seizure of PB Partners’ headquarters on Oct. 12.
The police have been investigating a case regarding PB Partners, which manages the workers who manufacture all of the products sold in Paris Baguette, SPC Group’s chain of franchise bakery cafes.
PB Partners was sued by its employees under the Korean Confederation of Trade Unions umbrella union. They filed an unfair labor practice complaint in May 2022, alleging that PB Partners attempted to coerce them to withdraw from the labor union under KCTU and join the Federation of Korean Trade Unions instead. They also accused PB Partners of discriminatory practices, such as not allowing KCTU member employees to get promoted.
Monday’s search and seizure was conducted to see if SPC Group's executives were directly involved in the alleged unjust labor practices at PB Partners.
Prosecutors have expanded its investigation to question at least 30 individuals, including Hur and PB Partners Chairman Hwang Jae-bok.
President Yoon Suk Yeol replaced six ministers on Monday, in an apparent move to set free current Ca ...
The Financial Services Commission, Korea's top financial regulator, unveiled plans on Monday to ...
PARIS -- Pulling an all-nighter to make gimbap and kimchi pancakes was the highlight of the year for ...
- [Herald Review] Munich Philharmonic sets milestones with Lim Yun
- New fad uncovers old school transcripts for dose of nostalgia
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- S. Korea, Latin America to discuss ways to boost trade, ICT cooperation
- 'Single’s Inferno Season 3' returns with no
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
About half of top 500 firms remain undecided on 2024 investment plans: poll
BTS Jungkook's star
Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
[Korea Beyond Korea] Korean Studies gaining traction at Complutense University of Madrid
Scholars shed light on late Samsung chief’s management initiatives
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- 이낙연 "전우 시체 위에서 응원가 못 부른다"…총선 유세 거절?
- Enigmatic artist David Rappeneau's first Asia show taking place at Gladstone Gallery
- Unique indoor dating spots to warm your winter days
- IMF raises South Korea's inflation forecast to 3.6% for 2023
- Culture Ministry offers Suneung takers free exhibitions, discounted performances
- 추미애 "尹대통령 지지율 30%대 받쳐주는 철벽통들이 있다"
- 이낙연 "전우 시체 위에서 응원가 못 부른다"…총선 유세 거절?
- [Contribution] Korean food captivates global palates
- [Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’
- Posco to start search for new chief
- Jeju Island offers many choices for holidaymakers with pets
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- 금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
- [Herald Interview] Korea ramps up high
- [Herald Interview] Nam Woo
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- YG’s new girl group Babymonster debuts with single 'Batter Up'
- [Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
- 이상민 "현실적 선택지는 국민의힘…12월 초까지 거취 결정"
- [Herald Review] Korean and Welsh dance companies share creativity in 'Wales Connection'
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- Samsung's Harman acquires audio platform Roon
- Samsung sets up control tower for new growth drivers
- S. Korea pushes for using commercial satellites in military communication
- 류호정·장혜영의 ‘세번째권력’ “총선서 30석, 200만 득표가 목표”
- [Today’s K