Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
简介The full Mahler cycle, collaborations with diverse genres and arts groups as well as fostering talen ...
The full Mahler cycle, collaborations with diverse genres and arts groups as well as fostering talented new musicians -- especially conductors -- will take center stage at the Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra, which will kick off its first season with music director Jaap van Zweden.
Beyond that, the new music director and the orchestra will strive to raise quality to the top level, which, according to van Zweden, is “the best promotion for an orchestra.”
“The weeks that I was here, they proved to me that they are in the circle of great orchestras. Now we have to prove every day, every hour, every minute that we are,” he said during a press conference on Monday. “You get that by preparation, discipline and enjoying.”
Next season will feature familiar pieces that the music director and orchestra can experience together.
For instance, the SPO is set to present a number of well-known symphonies in 2024: Mahler Symphony No. 1, Beethoven No. 5, Brahms No. 2, Mozart No. 40, Bruckner No. 7, Shostakovich No. 7 and Dvorak No. 7 and No. 8.
The piano concertos it will perform include: Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5, "Emperor," Brahms Piano Concerto No. 1 and Mozart Piano Concerto No. 23 and No. 24, among others. In the violin concerto category, beloved pieces by Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn, Sibelius and Bruch will be performed. As for cello concertos, famous works by Dvorak and Elgar are scheduled.
The descendant of a veteran who fought in the 1950-53 Korean War was tapped on Monday to head the Mi ...
윤석열 대통령이 11일 용산 대통령실 청사에서 미국 상원의원 대표단을 접견하고 있다. 사진 대통령실 제공윤석열 대통령과 한국을 방문 중인 미국 상원의원 대표단은 11일 이스라엘에 ...
Choi Se-yeong, a student at Gimhae Bunsung High School, delivered congratulatory remarks for The Kor ...
- 홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- S. Korea warns of potential NK surprise attacks using Hamas tactics
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- Generational shift looms in SK leadership
- Israleli strikes flatten entire neighborhoods as Gaza faces imminent blackout
Yoon replaces 6 ministers ahead of his 3rd year, general election
[Busan Is Ready] Busan Expo strives to present climate change solutions
판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
S. Korea keeping close tabs on reported repatriation of N.K. defectors from China: minister
Justice and finance at the climate summit
The ruling party vows extraordinary measures to win back people's trust after crushing by
- CJ’s Korean
- CJ’s Korean
- Hyundai Rotem debuts world's 1st LTE
- [Herald Interview] Chung Ji
- SPC Chairman's office searched over alleged unjust labor practices
- Hybe artists could be returning to MBC
- [Herald Review] Up
- [Today’s K
- [Today’s K
- Nearly 1 in 3 senior pensioners look to employment to make ends meet
- '이상민 탈당' 때린 민주 의원들 "국회의장 하려 동지 팔아"
- Can 'Singles Inferno' boost basketball's popularity?
- Schools brace for impact of record
- S. Korea, Canada sign MOU on climate change cooperation
- Venezuelan Embassy holds disputed Essequibo territory referendum event
- [KH Explains] Why foreign investors continue to be net buyers despite short selling ban
- LS Cable develops world’s fastest data transfer cable
- Yoon replaces 6 ministers ahead of his 3rd year, general election
- [Today’s K
- P1Harmony expands reach in US with iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour
- Hanwha inks $2.6b deal to ship more K9 howitzers to Poland
- Seoul Art Center highlights next
- Bomb scare hits Hongdae station, police search turns up empty
- Tajikistan envoy urges S. Korea to partner for green economy vision
- KB unveils video to mark World Soil Day
- National Theater of Korea's 50th year to close with 'Song of King Sejong'
- Seoul shares open lower on US losses
- 이재명 "여·야·정 정책협의체 제안…간병비 급여화 서둘러야"
- AmCham seminar explores health care as bigger part of Korea