简介South Korean food giant CJ CheilJedang announced Monday that cumulative sales of its frozen fried ri ...
South Korean food giant CJ CheilJedang announced Monday that cumulative sales of its frozen fried rice products manufactured in the US have surpassed 100 billion won ($74 million) in the country, on the back of the rising popularity of Korean food among American consumers.
The figure is expected to rise to some 130 billion won by the end of the year, the food giant added.
The upbeat earnings are attributed to the acquisition of major US food firm Schwan's Co. in 2019, which helped it secure cold chain logistics throughout the country. Since then, sales have jumped three times.
The rice products, manufactured in Schwan’s owned factories in Vermont, are distributed through large retail chains including Walmart, Kroger and Target.
The food giant also put importance on its localization strategy behind the success of its frozen fried rice. It added Korean barbecue sauce, kimchi and garlic to the most favored flavors among local customers of chicken, vegetables and shrimp.
“Considering the growing popularity of K-food among US consumers, we have been ramping up our promotional efforts in the country such as through the designation of a separate Asian Food Zone in local supermarket stores," an official from CJ CheilJedang explained.
“Going forward, we will pour more resources into expanding the presence of our processed rice products in the US market.”
Sales of frozen rice produced in South Korea have also been increasing in the overseas market. Over the last three years, its export figure has increased at an annual growth rate of 22 percent.
Currently, it is exporting to a total of 17 countries, a significant jump from 7 countries in 2017.
Health care officials from South Korea and the US on Monday gathered in Seoul to discuss the industr ...
LG Uplus Corp., South Korea's No. 3 mobile carrier, said Tuesday its third-quarter net profit d ...
인요한 국민의힘 혁신위원장이 4일 오후 부산 경성대학교에서 열린 이준석 전 대표, 이언주 전 의원이 진행하는 토크콘서트에 참석해 있다. 이날 인요한 혁신위원장은 1시간 30분가량 ...
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- Seoul shares hit 7
- Savor the irresistible taste of tteokbokki
- Hyundai Elevator wins Good Design Award 2023
- KT to cooperate with Thai telecom firm to create Thai language AI service
- [Herald Interview] Kang Ik
- 2 dead, 1 in cardiac arrest in bus
- 'Seventeenth Heaven' logs record
- Year after deadly crowd crush, victims, families yet to leave it behind
- NewJeans, Ive win first national culture merit
- Two Koreans named among world's top 200 art collectors
- [From the Scene] Incheon Airport goes global to Batam, Indonesia
- Court orders Japan to compensate ‘comfort women’
- Dreamcatcher returns as 'villains' with special power
- [KH Explains] Why Apple's iPhone15 is selling better in Korea than China, Japan
- 6 pct of executives in S. Korea's top 100 firms women: data
- 이준석 "난 박근혜 키즈 넘어섰다…한동훈도 尹키즈 벗어나야"
- LG Energy Solution names new CEO to propel growth
- Story of first female leader of traveling entertainers reimagined
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains amid rate woes
- [Korean History] In 2008, Korea's National Treasure No. 1 went down in flames
- [Photo News] Sisters acting on stage
- Will Blackpink renew contract as group?
- City becomes attractive when social minorities are empowered: Seoul mayor
- Dyson vows to enhance customer service in Korea
- [From the Scene] Jewel Changi offers glimpse of how to make airport fun
- SK, Hilleman team up to develop next
- Remaining BTS members to head to military
- Fifty Fifty enters Billboard's year
- Christmas comes early with aespa's 'Jingle Bell Rock'