S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
简介South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed ...
South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed over 12 percent on-year despite a slowdown in global demand for electrified vehicles, industry data showed Sunday.
According to latest quarterly reports of LG Energy Solution Ltd., Samsung SDI Co. and SK On Co., their combined R&D investment during the January-September period amounted to 1.78 trillion won ($1.38 billion), up 12.5 percent from 1.58 trillion won for the same period of last year.
Of the three companies, Samsung SDI was the biggest R&D investor, with cumulative expenses up 6.7 percent to 836.4 billion won during the first nine months of 2023.
LG Energy Solution spent 730 billion won on R&D this year, marking a 15.2 percent increase compared to the same period last year. SK On's spending jumped 29.6 percent on-year to 220.7 billion won.
Local battery companies are focusing on strengthening R&D efforts, with a particular emphasis on developing high-capacity, high-safety and long-lasting batteries, as well as enhancing the development of price-competitive lithium iron phosphate and cobalt-free batteries. (Yonhap)
Netflix Korea's popular dating reality show "Single's Inferno" has returned with its third ...
K-pop solo artist Dawn began his mandatory military service on Thursday, according to music label At ...
Busan, South Korea’s second-largest city and largest port city, which is competing to host the 2030 ...
- Rural development expert nominated as agriculture minister
- Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
- The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival
- Israleli strikes flatten entire neighborhoods as Gaza faces imminent blackout
- North Korea threatens consequences after South Korea launches 1st spy satellite
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
'이상민 탈당' 때린 민주 의원들 "국회의장 하려 동지 팔아"
S. Korea keeping close tabs on reported repatriation of N.K. defectors from China: minister
Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
Former ambassador to Vietnam tapped SMEs minister
Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- [Our Museums] Seek hidden tales of Korean masks at Hahoe Mask Museum
- 감사원, 文정부 소상공인 지원 실태 감사 착수
- KT&G unveils W2.8tr shareholder return plan
- Dunamu hosts forum on blockchain's potential
- S. Korean literary giant Hwang Sok
- Multicultural educator Min Byoung
- UNESCO HQ hit by largest
- [Today’s K
- 46 countries, including S. Korea, US, join declaration on 'responsible' AI use
- Seoul Metropolitan Traditional Orchestra meets electronic beats
- ‘홍범도·양평고속도로’ 야당 쓴소리에 윤 대통령 주로 경청
- US lawmaker submits bill requiring Pentagon report on allies' defense contribution
- HDC to spur digital innovation for efficiency, safety
- [Korean History] Bodies of two infants discovered in freezer in Seoul's Seorae Village
- 北 ‘환적지 이동’ 정황…석도 인근서 10월에만 10건 포착
- NCSoft to unveil new titles at G
- Dreamcatcher to present new album 'VillanS' on Nov. 22
- Halloween weekend sees 65 police calls
- In early 2029, Earth will likely breach key warming threshold: scientists
- Memorial park for independence fighter to open in Kazakhstan
- Sombre palaces, tombs swathed in fall colors
- ArtToken, KAIST sign MOU to cooperate in art, technology fields
- Kakao taxi
- AmCham reaffirms Korea
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- [Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- [Today’s K
- Kakao Mobility announces plan to overhaul commission system amid monopoly criticism
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- Asiana Airlines delays decision on cargo business sell